Thursday 16 May 2013

Roll on summer



I am currently in the south of England visiting my family before things get hectic over the summer.
I fly back to bonnie Scotland this evening and straight into a block of work with Big Foot Adventures and Wilderness Scotland, which i am really excited about.
 Leaving Glenmore Lodge was hard to do. I made some great friends and had some incredible experiences there, but at the end of the day i always want to be progressing and working as an instructor. A massive thanks to everyone who made my time as great as it was.

 My last stint of time there was spent packing/avoiding packing, but i also had some great days out riding and kayaking. I continually bang on about how good the local trails are, but i hadn't ridden a couple of the uber-local ones for a few weeks, having been sessioning Badaguish and Burnside, and i had forgotten how good they are again! I managed to jump on a TCL training with Glenmore lodge last week, so i hope to assess ASAP.












Thursday saw Joe, Mick and myself back at Badaguish for a blast in the morning and then meeting Stewart on his split shift for a run down Findhorn gorge. Biking in the morning, kayaking in the afternoon. Does life get better?!


Joe with some air time on "Canadian Trail"
Joe on "Canadian Trail"



Mick at the view point

Stu about to drop into "Triple Step"

 This summer has me self employed for the first time and is a big adventure in itself. Already it's been a super steep learning curve and simple stuff gets lost among the storm of things flying around in my head! 
 With my habit to bite off more than i can chew, i am sure i will learn some hard lessons along the way, but i am really excited for this season and the adventures it will bring!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment